ABOUT THE PRESENTER
Sir Ken Knight’s fire service career, which includes the post of Commissioner of the London Fire Brigade, spanned over 40 years, before he was appointed as the Government’s Chief Fire and Rescue Adviser from 2007-2013. Sir Ken is a Past Master of the Worshipful Company of Firefighters.
Sir Ken has been responsible for a number of Government reports at home including:
- Widespread flooding response
- The Lakanal House Fire
- Effectiveness and efficiencies of the fire and rescue service
- Electronic balloting for industrial action
Whilst overseas he has completed reviews in, Ireland, Bermuda, Northern Iraq and Zimbabwe.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
Anyone with an interest in Fire and Building Safety, such as:
- Residential Estate Managers
- Fire Protection Engineers
- Fire Safety Officers
- Fire Industry Professionals
- Building Control Officers
- Manufacturers of building products
- Standards and testing bodies
- Government and Local Government Officials
- Custodians of Public and Heritage buildings
This event is organised and promoted by the Worshipful Company of Firefighters who will donate all the proceeds to its Charitable Trust (Registered No. 1182241), in fulfilment of their registered aims.
Fire Lecture 2021 Flyer>