Acid Attack First Responders

BACK TO TOPICS

This topic contains 6 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Simon Petts 1 year, 1 month ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Simon Petts
    Participant

I was at the Institution of Fire Engineers, Transportation SIG yesterday & had a presentation from a company called Hydronavitas Solutions. A large part of the presentation was given over to ‘Acid-Stop’. (apologies if you’ve seen this already)
    By all accounts the product is about to get some fairly high-level backing, with drives to get it out in the public domain as soon as possible. The strategic ‘Trauma Packs’ were mentioned as possible locations, along with ‘first responder personal issue. Possibly worth considering for our own Trauma Packs ?!

There is little info available at present, however, the link below gives some detail.

acid-stop

Simon Petts
    Participant

Anyone else looking at anything on this front ?

Anonymous

We`ve looked into using something similar, a company called Diphex also do products to combat acid attacks and spillages

Mark Coffey
    Participant

Hi Simon,
    Just spoken with my Ex-Colleagues in Greater Manchester FRS, they don’t use this, however the guys mentioned it may be of use when splashed with vehicle acid etc.
    Cheers,
    Mark Coffey E1 Clan Tools

Simon Petts
    Participant

Good point Mark, it was mentioned yesterday that this doesn’t need to be used at attacks of this nature, it could be workshop incidents etc.

DaveM
    Participant

Simon,

I have some PDF’s from DFRS which I can send you re Acid Attacks. not too sure if I can attach them on here?

cheers

Dave

Simon Petts
    Participant

Got them Dave thanks.

Interesting that again we are all looking at these issues in isolation. If we called a Bespoke workshop on this type of incident I wonder what the level of response would look like ?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Don't have an account? Register now

Forgot Password?