The role of a Watch Manager at Heathrow Airport Fire & Rescue Service is to manage the day to day operations complying with processes and systems adopted by LHR Airports Ltd, managing assigned activities in an airport or domestic incident and delivery of the local fire service plan to maintain day to day compliance in the fire service.
Your role will involve
- Accountability for the day-to-day operation of the Airport Fire & Rescue Service, including compliance with regulatory and licensing processes and Heathrow Airport policies.
- Leading the Airport Fire & Rescue Service response to any major airfield incidents.
- Responsible for developing and maintaining local policies, procedures and reference areas in order to maintain day to day compliance.
- Responsible for the review and development of effective working relationships with internal/external departments and organisations.
- Assessing individuals and verify assessment undertaken by others in line with the Heathrow Airport Fire & Rescue Service Training and Assessment policy.
These skills are essential
- Have completed, or be working towards completion, of your Heathrow Airport Fire & Rescue Service Watch Manager Development Portfolio.
- Must hold or be able to obtain an aviation supervisor qualification and ICS level 2 qualification.
- Proven skills, ability and general experience in a sub-ordinate role is required with thorough experience working within the Fire Service. (either with Heathrow Airport Fire & Rescue Service or an outside Fire & Rescue Service Authority.)
- Intermediate level of IT literacy e.g., HRMS, Redkite and the Microsoft suite.
- Hold a Valid Full UK Drivers Licence up to C class.
- Current IEC, First Aid and/or Basic Life Support including an AED certificate.